Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie
Are you looking for a delicious and hearty meal that is sure to satisfy your craving for comfort food? Look no further than the Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie. This classic dish features savory ground beef, vegetables, and a creamy mashed potatoes topping. The rich and flavorful ingredients are sure to make this a family favorite. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes!
Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie is a classic comfort food dish that is perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions. This dish combines ground beef, vegetables, and a creamy mashed potato topping. The combination of flavors creates a savory and satisfying meal that is sure to please. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes. This dish is a great way to use up leftovers or use fresh ingredients for a delicious meal.
For those with dietary restrictions or allergies, there are a few variations that can be made to the Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie. To make it vegan, substitute the ground beef with plant-based protein or crumbled tofu. To make it gluten-free, use gluten-free flour in place of all-purpose flour when making the mashed potatoes. Lastly, for those looking to add a little extra flavor, try adding some shredded cheese or herbs to the mashed potatoes.
This Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie recipe yields 6 servings and takes only 25 minutes of active cooking time. So, it’s perfect for busy weeknights or when you need a quick and easy meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, oregano, basil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the flour and cook until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the butter and sour cream until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the top of the filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Calories: 367
- Total Fat: 18.2g
- Cholesterol: 67.6mg
- Sodium: 590.4mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 21.2g
Total cooking time: 25 minutes
- Large skillet
- 9-inch pie dish
- Mixing bowl
- Serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables.
- Top with extra cheese or herbs.
- Garnish with parsley or chives.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Add additional vegetables, such as carrots, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
- Replace the ground beef with ground turkey or crumbled tofu.
- Add shredded cheese to the mashed potatoes for an extra cheesy topping.
- Top the pie with bacon or sausage.
- Replace the mashed potatoes with sweet potatoes for a unique twist.
- Ground beef can be substituted with ground turkey, crumbled tofu, or plant-based proteins.
- All-purpose flour can be substituted with gluten-free flour.
- Sour cream can be substituted with Greek yogurt.
- Mashed potatoes can be substituted with sweet potatoes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, wrap the dish in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw and then bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- For an extra crispy topping, add a layer of breadcrumbs before baking.
- For a richer flavor, add a splash of Worcestershire sauce to the filling.
- For an extra creamy mashed potato topping, add a tablespoon of cream cheese.
- To make the dish ahead of time, prepare the filling and mashed potato topping and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
- This dish is best served fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To make this dish gluten-free, substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
- This dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
- This dish is perfect for a cozy winter dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can this dish be made ahead of time? A: Yes, the filling and mashed potato topping can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
- Q: Can this dish be frozen? A: Yes, wrap the dish in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can this dish be made vegan? A: Yes, substitute the ground beef with plant-based protein or crumbled tofu.
- Q: Can this dish be made gluten-free? A: Yes, substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
- Main Course
- Comfort Food
- Quick and Easy
Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie is a classic comfort food dish that is sure to please the whole family. The savory ground beef, vegetables, and creamy mashed potatoes make this dish a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes. For those with dietary restrictions or allergies, there are a few variations that can be made to accommodate dietary preferences or restrictions. So, whether you’re looking for a cozy weeknight meal or a delicious dinner for a special occasion, the Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie is sure to hit the spot.
This dish is a great way to use up leftovers or use fresh ingredients for a delicious meal. Plus, it’s a great way to get creative and explore different flavors and combinations. So, why not give this recipe a try and see what you can create?
Thank you for taking the time to read about the Cheesecake Factory Shepherds Pie. We hope you enjoyed learning about this classic comfort food dish and we encourage you to give it a try. Please share your experience and let us know how it turned out. We look forward to seeing your creations!