Thai Lettuce Wraps Cheesecake Factory
Take a bite out of Thai cuisine with Thai Lettuce Wraps from Cheesecake Factory. Featuring a combination of chicken, shrimp, and vegetables simmered in a savory Thai sauce, these scrumptious lettuce wraps are a great way to incorporate a variety of flavors and textures into one dish. Whether you’re looking for a light and healthy meal or a delicious appetizer, these Thai Lettuce Wraps will hit the spot. Add a few extra ingredients and you can make this dish vegan-friendly, too, making it a great meal for the whole family.
Thai Lettuce Wraps from Cheesecake Factory are a delicious and flavorful dish, combining chicken, shrimp, vegetables, and a savory Thai sauce. The wraps are served with lettuce, cucumber, and cilantro, and can be made vegan-friendly with a few simple substitutions. This dish requires a minimal amount of preparation and can be cooked in just 20 minutes, making it a great weeknight dinner option. It’s also a great appetizer or side dish, perfect for parties or potlucks.
The key to the deliciousness of this Thai Lettuce Wraps dish lies in the combination of flavors and textures. The savory Thai sauce provides a rich and complex flavor, while the chicken and shrimp add a juicy, succulent element. The vegetables provide a crunchy texture, while the lettuce and cucumber add a cooling and refreshing finish.
This dish can also be easily adapted to accommodate dietary preferences or restrictions. For a vegan-friendly version, simply omit the chicken and shrimp, and substitute vegetable broth for the fish sauce. For a gluten-free version, omit the soy sauce and substitute gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos.
This Thai Lettuce Wraps dish yields 4 servings and takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 head of butter lettuce, washed and separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ground chicken to the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the cilantro and basil to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the Thai Lettuce Wraps mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with julienned cucumber.
- Calories: 441 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 193 mg
- Sodium: 1426 mg
- Potassium: 628 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Vitamin A: 1132 IU
- Vitamin C: 27 mg
- Calcium: 136 mg
- Iron: 3 mg
- Large skillet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serve the Thai Lettuce Wraps with a side of steamed jasmine rice
- Garnish with fresh basil and cilantro leaves
- Serve with a chili-lime dipping sauce
- Serve with a side of fresh fruit
- Substitute the chicken for tofu or tempeh
- Add a handful of chopped peanuts for crunch
- Add a splash of lime juice for acidity
- Substitute the fish sauce for vegetable broth for a vegan-friendly version
- Substitute the soy sauce for gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos for a gluten-free version
- Chicken: Tofu or tempeh
- Fish sauce: Vegetable broth
- Soy sauce: Gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Allow to come to room temperature before reheating
- Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through
- For a spicier dish, add an additional 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- For a milder dish, omit the red pepper flakes
- For a creamier sauce, stir in 1/4 cup of coconut milk before serving
- For a sweeter dish, add an additional tablespoon of brown sugar
- These Thai Lettuce Wraps are best served immediately after cooking
- These Thai Lettuce Wraps are great served as an appetizer or as a main dish
- The Thai Lettuce Wraps may be prepared in advance and reheated before serving
- The Thai Lettuce Wraps may be wrapped in lettuce leaves for a handheld meal
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can this recipe be made vegan-friendly?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made vegan-friendly. Simply omit the chicken and shrimp and substitute vegetable broth for the fish sauce.
- Can this recipe be made gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made gluten-free. Simply omit the soy sauce and substitute gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos.
- How long will this recipe keep in the fridge?
This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container.
- Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, this recipe can be prepared in advance and reheated before serving.
- Main Dishes
- Asian Dishes
- Vegetarian Dishes
- Suitable for all seasons
Cheesecake Factory’s Thai Lettuce Wraps are a tasty and flavorful dish that is sure to please. Combining chicken, shrimp, vegetables, and a savory Thai sauce, these lettuce wraps are a great way to add variety to your meal. With a few simple substitutions, the recipe can be made vegan-friendly and gluten-free, making it a great meal for the whole family. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to prepare, making it a great weeknight dinner option. So why not give this delicious dish a try?
Cooking and experimenting with flavors can be a great way to have fun and explore your creativity. Whether you’re looking to make a light and healthy meal or an indulgent appetizer, Thai Lettuce Wraps from Cheesecake Factory can be a great starting point. Try the recipe as written, or get creative and adapt it to your personal preferences.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. We hope you enjoyed learning about Thai Lettuce Wraps from Cheesecake Factory. If you try the recipe, we’d love to hear about your experience. Please share your thoughts, feedback, and suggestions in the comments below. Enjoy!